- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
2 minor girls raped in Joypurhat
Two minor girls were violated allegedly by a middle-aged man at Birnagar village in Panchbibi upazila on Friday.
Soon after the incident, police arrested the alleged rapist, Abdus Salam Mollah, 55, from the village said officer-in-charge (Investigation) of Panchbibi Police Station Kiron Kumar.
Police and family members said Salam took the two girls, both aged around nine years, to his house at noon promising to give them biscuits and later confined them to a room.
Later, he violated them one after one. When the children, who are paternal cousin of each other, started crying, Salam released them.
As the girls narrated the incident to their family members, they informed it to police.
The victims were admitted to Joypurhat District Modern Hospital.
Feroz Sarker, a physician at the hospital, said they primarily found the proof of rape.
During primary interrogation, the arrestee confessed to police to raping the two girls, Kiron Kumar said, adding that one of the victims’ father filed a case with the police station.