- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
2 minor girls raped in Joypurhat
Two minor girls were violated allegedly by a middle-aged man at Birnagar village in Panchbibi upazila on Friday.
Soon after the incident, police arrested the alleged rapist, Abdus Salam Mollah, 55, from the village said officer-in-charge (Investigation) of Panchbibi Police Station Kiron Kumar.
Police and family members said Salam took the two girls, both aged around nine years, to his house at noon promising to give them biscuits and later confined them to a room.
Later, he violated them one after one. When the children, who are paternal cousin of each other, started crying, Salam released them.
As the girls narrated the incident to their family members, they informed it to police.
The victims were admitted to Joypurhat District Modern Hospital.
Feroz Sarker, a physician at the hospital, said they primarily found the proof of rape.
During primary interrogation, the arrestee confessed to police to raping the two girls, Kiron Kumar said, adding that one of the victims’ father filed a case with the police station.