- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Obaidul plays fear card to motivate AL men in Ctg
Advising Awami League leaders and activists to be united, its general secretary Obaidul Quader on Sunday said if BNP comes to power next, AL men will have to tolerate even more awful torture than they had to in 2001.
“If BNP comes to power, the country will return to the dark days, which had existed for five years since 2001. Again 21,000 AL leaders and activists will be sufferers. Killing and looting will be carried out in the country again,” he said.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, came up with the remarks while he was addressing the council of Chittagong District (South) unit of Awami League held at KB convention hall in the Port City.
Aiming at BNP, the AL leader said it will not be possible to remove Sheikh Hasina-led government by hatching conspiracy from abroad. “BNP’s main target is Sheikh Hasina, not Awami League.”
Quader urged the party leaders not to bring bad people into the party for the sake of making their own faction stronger and securing nomination. “We’ll provide nominations for next general election to those who have been able to earn acceptance and popularity of the people.”