- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Obaidul plays fear card to motivate AL men in Ctg
Advising Awami League leaders and activists to be united, its general secretary Obaidul Quader on Sunday said if BNP comes to power next, AL men will have to tolerate even more awful torture than they had to in 2001.
“If BNP comes to power, the country will return to the dark days, which had existed for five years since 2001. Again 21,000 AL leaders and activists will be sufferers. Killing and looting will be carried out in the country again,” he said.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, came up with the remarks while he was addressing the council of Chittagong District (South) unit of Awami League held at KB convention hall in the Port City.
Aiming at BNP, the AL leader said it will not be possible to remove Sheikh Hasina-led government by hatching conspiracy from abroad. “BNP’s main target is Sheikh Hasina, not Awami League.”
Quader urged the party leaders not to bring bad people into the party for the sake of making their own faction stronger and securing nomination. “We’ll provide nominations for next general election to those who have been able to earn acceptance and popularity of the people.”