- Dhaka urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Explain newborn’s death on Dhaka city road: HC
- Prof Golam Rabbani made DU new proctor
- 50 pc Rohingyas, stranded in no-man’s land, entered BD
- Tanbir’s 61* spurs Bangladesh A 1-0 lead against Ireland A
- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
Brave cop who kept his wits to save 26 lives wins award
A police constable, who rescued 26 people from a drowning bus after an accident in Comilla, was awarded on Sunday for his courageous and humanitarian.
Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque handed over a crest and Tk 1 lakh to constable M Parvez Miah in a ceremony at the Police Headquarters, said a press release issued by the Police Headquarters.
Besides, a 125cc motorcycle was handed over to Parvez provided by ACI Motors Ltd at the function.
Addressing the programme, the IGP said his courage will serve to inspire the police personnel.
Additional IGP (Admin) Mokhlesur Rahman and other high officials of the headquarters were also present at the function.