- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Brave cop who kept his wits to save 26 lives wins award
A police constable, who rescued 26 people from a drowning bus after an accident in Comilla, was awarded on Sunday for his courageous and humanitarian.
Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque handed over a crest and Tk 1 lakh to constable M Parvez Miah in a ceremony at the Police Headquarters, said a press release issued by the Police Headquarters.
Besides, a 125cc motorcycle was handed over to Parvez provided by ACI Motors Ltd at the function.
Addressing the programme, the IGP said his courage will serve to inspire the police personnel.
Additional IGP (Admin) Mokhlesur Rahman and other high officials of the headquarters were also present at the function.