- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Brave cop who kept his wits to save 26 lives wins award
A police constable, who rescued 26 people from a drowning bus after an accident in Comilla, was awarded on Sunday for his courageous and humanitarian.
Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque handed over a crest and Tk 1 lakh to constable M Parvez Miah in a ceremony at the Police Headquarters, said a press release issued by the Police Headquarters.
Besides, a 125cc motorcycle was handed over to Parvez provided by ACI Motors Ltd at the function.
Addressing the programme, the IGP said his courage will serve to inspire the police personnel.
Additional IGP (Admin) Mokhlesur Rahman and other high officials of the headquarters were also present at the function.