- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
- Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
- Ex-UP member hacked dead in Pabna
- Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights: PM
- 50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
Brave cop who kept his wits to save 26 lives wins award
A police constable, who rescued 26 people from a drowning bus after an accident in Comilla, was awarded on Sunday for his courageous and humanitarian.
Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque handed over a crest and Tk 1 lakh to constable M Parvez Miah in a ceremony at the Police Headquarters, said a press release issued by the Police Headquarters.
Besides, a 125cc motorcycle was handed over to Parvez provided by ACI Motors Ltd at the function.
Addressing the programme, the IGP said his courage will serve to inspire the police personnel.
Additional IGP (Admin) Mokhlesur Rahman and other high officials of the headquarters were also present at the function.