- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Brave cop who kept his wits to save 26 lives wins award
A police constable, who rescued 26 people from a drowning bus after an accident in Comilla, was awarded on Sunday for his courageous and humanitarian.
Inspector General of Police AKM Shahidul Hoque handed over a crest and Tk 1 lakh to constable M Parvez Miah in a ceremony at the Police Headquarters, said a press release issued by the Police Headquarters.
Besides, a 125cc motorcycle was handed over to Parvez provided by ACI Motors Ltd at the function.
Addressing the programme, the IGP said his courage will serve to inspire the police personnel.
Additional IGP (Admin) Mokhlesur Rahman and other high officials of the headquarters were also present at the function.