- Dhaka urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Explain newborn’s death on Dhaka city road: HC
- Prof Golam Rabbani made DU new proctor
- 50 pc Rohingyas, stranded in no-man’s land, entered BD
- Tanbir’s 61* spurs Bangladesh A 1-0 lead against Ireland A
- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
Jessore AL leader’s house attacked
Miscreants exploded bombs and fired gunshots at the house of a local Awami League leader at Jhikargachha upazila on Sunday.
Police and locals said a group of miscreants went to the house of Jhikargachcha upazila unit AL joint secretary Monirul Islam adjacent to the upazila bus stand around 1:30pm and hurled eight hand bombs and fired five rounds of bullets.
Hearing the loud explosions and firing, traders took shelter in safe zones shutting their shops while the busy Jessore-Benapole road became deserted immediately.
However, no one was hurt in the attack. Monirul Islam himself was out of the house during the attack.
On information, police rushed in but none could be arrested.
Talking to reporters, Monirul Islam, also former vice-president of Jhikargachcha upazila parishad alleged that his rivals Ilias, Rinku, Ajad, Arnab, Pulsar Babu, Hobi Chowdhury attacked the home.