- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Jessore AL leader’s house attacked
Miscreants exploded bombs and fired gunshots at the house of a local Awami League leader at Jhikargachha upazila on Sunday.
Police and locals said a group of miscreants went to the house of Jhikargachcha upazila unit AL joint secretary Monirul Islam adjacent to the upazila bus stand around 1:30pm and hurled eight hand bombs and fired five rounds of bullets.
Hearing the loud explosions and firing, traders took shelter in safe zones shutting their shops while the busy Jessore-Benapole road became deserted immediately.
However, no one was hurt in the attack. Monirul Islam himself was out of the house during the attack.
On information, police rushed in but none could be arrested.
Talking to reporters, Monirul Islam, also former vice-president of Jhikargachcha upazila parishad alleged that his rivals Ilias, Rinku, Ajad, Arnab, Pulsar Babu, Hobi Chowdhury attacked the home.