- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
- Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
- Ex-UP member hacked dead in Pabna
- Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights: PM
- 50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
Jessore AL leader’s house attacked
Miscreants exploded bombs and fired gunshots at the house of a local Awami League leader at Jhikargachha upazila on Sunday.
Police and locals said a group of miscreants went to the house of Jhikargachcha upazila unit AL joint secretary Monirul Islam adjacent to the upazila bus stand around 1:30pm and hurled eight hand bombs and fired five rounds of bullets.
Hearing the loud explosions and firing, traders took shelter in safe zones shutting their shops while the busy Jessore-Benapole road became deserted immediately.
However, no one was hurt in the attack. Monirul Islam himself was out of the house during the attack.
On information, police rushed in but none could be arrested.
Talking to reporters, Monirul Islam, also former vice-president of Jhikargachcha upazila parishad alleged that his rivals Ilias, Rinku, Ajad, Arnab, Pulsar Babu, Hobi Chowdhury attacked the home.