- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Jessore AL leader’s house attacked
Miscreants exploded bombs and fired gunshots at the house of a local Awami League leader at Jhikargachha upazila on Sunday.
Police and locals said a group of miscreants went to the house of Jhikargachcha upazila unit AL joint secretary Monirul Islam adjacent to the upazila bus stand around 1:30pm and hurled eight hand bombs and fired five rounds of bullets.
Hearing the loud explosions and firing, traders took shelter in safe zones shutting their shops while the busy Jessore-Benapole road became deserted immediately.
However, no one was hurt in the attack. Monirul Islam himself was out of the house during the attack.
On information, police rushed in but none could be arrested.
Talking to reporters, Monirul Islam, also former vice-president of Jhikargachcha upazila parishad alleged that his rivals Ilias, Rinku, Ajad, Arnab, Pulsar Babu, Hobi Chowdhury attacked the home.