- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
Gold smuggler held at Benapole
Customs Intelligence officials arrested a man along with six gold bars from no-man’s land area at Benapole check post on Monday morning.
The arrestee was identified as Selim Hawlader, 38, son of Shamsul Haque, hailing from Munshiganj district.
Tipped off, a team of customs intelligence officers searched body of Selim and recovered the gold bars weighing 1.25 kilograms while he was crossing no-man’s land, said deputy commissioner of Benapole Customs Intelligence Abdus Sadek.
The arrestee was handed over to Benapole Port Police Station.
A case was filed.