- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
Gold smuggler held at Benapole
Customs Intelligence officials arrested a man along with six gold bars from no-man’s land area at Benapole check post on Monday morning.
The arrestee was identified as Selim Hawlader, 38, son of Shamsul Haque, hailing from Munshiganj district.
Tipped off, a team of customs intelligence officers searched body of Selim and recovered the gold bars weighing 1.25 kilograms while he was crossing no-man’s land, said deputy commissioner of Benapole Customs Intelligence Abdus Sadek.
The arrestee was handed over to Benapole Port Police Station.
A case was filed.