- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Gold smuggler held at Benapole
Customs Intelligence officials arrested a man along with six gold bars from no-man’s land area at Benapole check post on Monday morning.
The arrestee was identified as Selim Hawlader, 38, son of Shamsul Haque, hailing from Munshiganj district.
Tipped off, a team of customs intelligence officers searched body of Selim and recovered the gold bars weighing 1.25 kilograms while he was crossing no-man’s land, said deputy commissioner of Benapole Customs Intelligence Abdus Sadek.
The arrestee was handed over to Benapole Port Police Station.
A case was filed.