- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Ershad leaves for New Delhi Wednesday
Jatiya Party chairman HM Ershad leaves here for New Delhi on Wednesday on a five-day visit.
JP secretary general ABM Ruhul Amin Hawlader, presidium member Maj (retd) M Khaled Akhter, presidium member and party chairman’s press and political secretary Sunil Shuvo Roy will accompany the JP chairman.
During the visit, the JP chairman and his party leaders will offer fateha at the shrine of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Hasan Chishti in Ajmer.
Asked about his other engagements, a JP leader said the JP chief will meet his ‘old friends’ in India during the visit.
“I can’t tell you elaborately about his other engagements right now,” the JP leader told UNB wishing to remain unnamed.
The JP chief is scheduled return home on July 23.