- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
The students of newly affiliated seven government colleges with Dhaka University (DU) clashed with police as the law enforcers obstructed them while staging demonstration to realise their demands at Shahbagh intersection on Thursday.
Witnesses said the students of seven government colleges took to the street around 10:00 am, demanding announcement of dates and schedule for their examinations.
The seven colleges are Dhaka College, Eden Mohila College, Government Shaheed Suhrawardy College, Kabi Nazrul Government College, Begum Badrunnessa Government Girls' College, Government Bangla College and Government Titumir College.
At one stage, police obstructed them and asked them to remove from the road.
A scuffle took place between the students and police personnel during the demonstration.
Police lobbed tear gas shells and fired rubber bullets to disperse them, leaving three students injured.
Traffic on the busy road remained halted for an hour during the clash.