- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
The students of newly affiliated seven government colleges with Dhaka University (DU) clashed with police as the law enforcers obstructed them while staging demonstration to realise their demands at Shahbagh intersection on Thursday.
Witnesses said the students of seven government colleges took to the street around 10:00 am, demanding announcement of dates and schedule for their examinations.
The seven colleges are Dhaka College, Eden Mohila College, Government Shaheed Suhrawardy College, Kabi Nazrul Government College, Begum Badrunnessa Government Girls' College, Government Bangla College and Government Titumir College.
At one stage, police obstructed them and asked them to remove from the road.
A scuffle took place between the students and police personnel during the demonstration.
Police lobbed tear gas shells and fired rubber bullets to disperse them, leaving three students injured.
Traffic on the busy road remained halted for an hour during the clash.