- Islami Bank opens 331st branch at Phulpur of Mymensingh
- Bangladesh finishes 3rd in South Asian Badminton
- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
Mesbah, Shirin retain 100-meter sprint crowns
Country’s fasted man and woman-–Mesbah Ahmed and Shirin Akhter--retained their respective 100-meter crowns in the NRB Global Commercial Bank 13th National Summer Athletics at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here on Saturday.
Bangladesh Navy swimmer Mesbah clinched his 6th 100-meter sprint gold in national competition (including national, summer and Bangladesh Games) with a time of 10.80 seconds while another Navy swimmer Shirin Akhter won her 5th 100-meter sprint gold in national competition clocking 12.30 seconds.
With today’s feat, Mesbah Ahmed has equalled Mosharraf Hossain Shamim’s record of six consecutive golds in national meets.
After the winning the gold, Mesbah affirmed his desire to go on and break the record he now holds with Shamim, while Shirin said she is eyeing gold in the SA Games, subject to having proper training facilities.