- No election without Khaleda, says BNP
- No wicked person in police force to be tolerated: Minister
- UK lifts ban on air cargo flights from Dhaka
- BNP submits memo to DC office seeking Khaleda’s release
- BNP to submit memo to DC offices Sunday
- Ban on holding rallies in city still in force: Minister
- BD preparing to hold OIC FMs meet in May
- IOM asked Rohingya kids to draw their dream
- Unable to get at source, authorities target kids at retail level
- ‘Rape’ victim attempts suicide in N’ganj
Mesbah, Shirin retain 100-meter sprint crowns
Country’s fasted man and woman-–Mesbah Ahmed and Shirin Akhter--retained their respective 100-meter crowns in the NRB Global Commercial Bank 13th National Summer Athletics at the Bangabandhu National Stadium here on Saturday.
Bangladesh Navy swimmer Mesbah clinched his 6th 100-meter sprint gold in national competition (including national, summer and Bangladesh Games) with a time of 10.80 seconds while another Navy swimmer Shirin Akhter won her 5th 100-meter sprint gold in national competition clocking 12.30 seconds.
With today’s feat, Mesbah Ahmed has equalled Mosharraf Hossain Shamim’s record of six consecutive golds in national meets.
After the winning the gold, Mesbah affirmed his desire to go on and break the record he now holds with Shamim, while Shirin said she is eyeing gold in the SA Games, subject to having proper training facilities.