- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
BNP on Saturday alleged that a ruling party MP’s reported confession to killing people in crossfire has proved that the government is directly involved in all the incidents of extrajudicial killing and enforced disappearance.
Speaking at a press conference at the party’s’ Nayapaltan central office, BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi also said Awami League’s Savar MP Enamur Rahman has taken the cat out of the bag with his comment that he ordered the murder of five ‘terrorists’ in ‘crossfire’ and making a list of 14 others to do so.
“The government has long been dismissing our allegations and also of local and international rights bodies over the enforced disappearances and extra judicial killings. Their MP is now saying about the killing of five people in crossfire and making a list of 14 others,” he said.
The BNP leader further said, “The MP’s announcement of making a list of people for killing in crossfire has proved that the BNP’s allegation against the government of carrying out a killing programme is correct.”