- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
Students of Eden Mohila College on Saturday staged a demonstration and blocked the Mirpur-Azimpur road in Nilkhet intersection of the capital demanding the removal of the case filed against some 1,200 unnamed students of seven government colleges newly affiliated with Dhaka University (DU).
Witnesses said the students gathered at the intersection around 11am and blocked the Azimpur-Mirpur Road with banners and festoons till 1 PM.
During the blockade programme, they also staged demonstration by chanting slogans, all protesting against Thursday’s police action on the DU-affiliated college students in Shahbagh.
Traffic was disrupted near New Market-Azimpur area due to the blockade.
They also reiterated demanding the publishing of annual examination with routine and for reducing of session jam with taking of annual examinations immediately.