- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
Students of Eden Mohila College on Saturday staged a demonstration and blocked the Mirpur-Azimpur road in Nilkhet intersection of the capital demanding the removal of the case filed against some 1,200 unnamed students of seven government colleges newly affiliated with Dhaka University (DU).
Witnesses said the students gathered at the intersection around 11am and blocked the Azimpur-Mirpur Road with banners and festoons till 1 PM.
During the blockade programme, they also staged demonstration by chanting slogans, all protesting against Thursday’s police action on the DU-affiliated college students in Shahbagh.
Traffic was disrupted near New Market-Azimpur area due to the blockade.
They also reiterated demanding the publishing of annual examination with routine and for reducing of session jam with taking of annual examinations immediately.