- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
At least 20 people were injured on Saturday afternoon in a clash between two supporters’ groups of ruling Awami League over establishing supremacy in Tikorpara area of Alinagar union in the upazila.
Locals said a supporter group of Kairul Islam, organising secretary of Alinagar union unit AL clashed with supporters of Luit Ismail, organising secretary of Alinagar ward unit AL in the afternoon halting the road communication on Bianibazar-Sylhet Highway for two hours.
The two groups chased and hurled stone upon each other injuring 20 people of both groups while police took the situation under control, said officer-in-charge of Bianibazar Police Station Chandan Kumar Chakrabarti.
The agitated villagers also looted goods laden trucks and blocked the road, he added.