- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
BNP vice chairman Shamsuzzaman Dudu on Tuesday said his party will have no alternative to movement if there is no dialogue to make the 11th national election a participatory one.
“As the opposition, we’ll have to choose the path of movement if the government continues its repressive acts, killings and enforced disappearances and ignoring dialogue offer. We’ll also have no alternative to movement,” he said while addressing a human chain in the city.
Jatiya Ganotantrik Andolan arranged the human chain in front of the Jatiya Press Club protesting ‘propaganda’ over BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s ongoing visit to London.
“We don’t want any movement to have the crisis resolved. We want negotiations. Our first choice is discussion and the second choice is movement or struggle, no matter whatever it is called,” Dudu said.