- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
BNP vice chairman Shamsuzzaman Dudu on Tuesday said his party will have no alternative to movement if there is no dialogue to make the 11th national election a participatory one.
“As the opposition, we’ll have to choose the path of movement if the government continues its repressive acts, killings and enforced disappearances and ignoring dialogue offer. We’ll also have no alternative to movement,” he said while addressing a human chain in the city.
Jatiya Ganotantrik Andolan arranged the human chain in front of the Jatiya Press Club protesting ‘propaganda’ over BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s ongoing visit to London.
“We don’t want any movement to have the crisis resolved. We want negotiations. Our first choice is discussion and the second choice is movement or struggle, no matter whatever it is called,” Dudu said.