- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
People to bring AL back to power: PM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said people will bring Awami League back to power as they are enjoying the benefits of development due to the continuation of her government.
“People are enjoying the benefits of development as there is the continuation of the government,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this when leaders and activists of Swechchhasebak League met her at Ganobhaban on the occasion of the founding anniversary of their organisation.
Recalling the atrocities of BNP-Jamaat clique during the last general election, Sheikh Hasina said his evil force had tried its best to foil the polls. “The country’s people will resist their such heinous design in the future and bring Awami League to power again.”
The Prime Minister mentioned that today the world does not see Bangladesh in merciful eyes rather they see it in the eyes of dignity.
She asked the leaders and activists of Swechchhasebak League to do politics with a sacrificing mentality as Bangabandhu did.
“You have to do politics habouring the attitude of sacrifice like Bangabandhu…you must always think about how much you’re able to give to the country and its people,” Hasina said.