- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
People to bring AL back to power: PM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said people will bring Awami League back to power as they are enjoying the benefits of development due to the continuation of her government.
“People are enjoying the benefits of development as there is the continuation of the government,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this when leaders and activists of Swechchhasebak League met her at Ganobhaban on the occasion of the founding anniversary of their organisation.
Recalling the atrocities of BNP-Jamaat clique during the last general election, Sheikh Hasina said his evil force had tried its best to foil the polls. “The country’s people will resist their such heinous design in the future and bring Awami League to power again.”
The Prime Minister mentioned that today the world does not see Bangladesh in merciful eyes rather they see it in the eyes of dignity.
She asked the leaders and activists of Swechchhasebak League to do politics with a sacrificing mentality as Bangabandhu did.
“You have to do politics habouring the attitude of sacrifice like Bangabandhu…you must always think about how much you’re able to give to the country and its people,” Hasina said.