- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
People to bring AL back to power: PM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said people will bring Awami League back to power as they are enjoying the benefits of development due to the continuation of her government.
“People are enjoying the benefits of development as there is the continuation of the government,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this when leaders and activists of Swechchhasebak League met her at Ganobhaban on the occasion of the founding anniversary of their organisation.
Recalling the atrocities of BNP-Jamaat clique during the last general election, Sheikh Hasina said his evil force had tried its best to foil the polls. “The country’s people will resist their such heinous design in the future and bring Awami League to power again.”
The Prime Minister mentioned that today the world does not see Bangladesh in merciful eyes rather they see it in the eyes of dignity.
She asked the leaders and activists of Swechchhasebak League to do politics with a sacrificing mentality as Bangabandhu did.
“You have to do politics habouring the attitude of sacrifice like Bangabandhu…you must always think about how much you’re able to give to the country and its people,” Hasina said.