- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
41st Nat’l Rowing Championship Friday
The 41st National Rowing (Boat Race) Championship will be held in the Buriganga River near Bangladesh-China Friendship Bridge in Postagola on Friday.
State Minister for Youth and Sports Dr Biren Shikder will inaugurate the daylong meet in the afternoon. Shafiullah Al Monir of Index Group will be a special guest on the occasion.
Six events of the competition will be held in the national meet. The events are: seven-member women’s group, seven-man men’s group, 25-man Kosha boat group, above 50-member Sarengee boat group and above 50-member Bachari boat group.