- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
No chance to hold Jan-5 like election: BNP
BNP senior leader Gayeshwar Chandra Roy on Saturday said Awami League will in no way get any scope to hold January-5 like any lopsided election again in the country.
“Don’t think of holding another January-5 like election. No such election will be allowed to be held again. You (AL) won’t get any chance to hold the election staying in power either,” he said.
The BNP leader came up with the comment while inaugurating their party’s member collection drive at South Keraniganj BNP’s office at Jinjira.
Gayeshwar, a BNP standing committee member, said their party will force the government to ensure people’s voting rights in the next general election. “You (AL men) won’t get any escape route if people can exercise their right to franchise.”