- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
No chance to hold Jan-5 like election: BNP
BNP senior leader Gayeshwar Chandra Roy on Saturday said Awami League will in no way get any scope to hold January-5 like any lopsided election again in the country.
“Don’t think of holding another January-5 like election. No such election will be allowed to be held again. You (AL) won’t get any chance to hold the election staying in power either,” he said.
The BNP leader came up with the comment while inaugurating their party’s member collection drive at South Keraniganj BNP’s office at Jinjira.
Gayeshwar, a BNP standing committee member, said their party will force the government to ensure people’s voting rights in the next general election. “You (AL men) won’t get any escape route if people can exercise their right to franchise.”