- Militants’ strength on the wane; no threat of attack: DMP chief
- Stand beside flood-hit people, Khaleda asks BNP followers
- Dhaka, Aug 16 (UNB) – The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday fixed October 10 for hearing the government’s plea filed against the High Court (HC) order that declared the mobile court, conducted by the executive magistrates, illegal and contradictory to the Constitution. A six-member SC bench, headed by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha, fixed the date in the morning. Attorney general Mahbubey Alam said there is no bar to carry on mobile court till October 10. Earlier on May 11, the High Court declared illegal of the operation of mobile court by the executive magistrate. On May 14, the Chamber Judge stayed the HC order in response to an appeal filed by the government till May 18. On May 21, the SC adjourned the verdict of the High Court till July 2. The SC, on July 4, extended its earlier order for two weeks staying the High Court verdict.
- BNP accuses AL of making fun of flood victims
- New areas flooded in Sirajganj as Jamuna water keeps on rise
- More than 300 dead, 600 missing in Sierra Leone mudslides
- Truck kills two pedestrians in Mymensingh
- Iranian president threatens to revitalize nuclear program
- No food crisis in country, says Muhith
- Rice import duty to be cut down to 2pc
Bangladesh Test captain Mushfiqur Rahim joins Rajshahi Kings
Test captain cum wicket-keeper of Bangladesh National Cricket team Mushfiqur Rahim joined Rajshahi Kings as icon player in the franchised-based Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) beginning here on November.
Mushfiqur was introduced as the icon player of the Rajshahi Kings for BPL’2017 at a function at head office of Runner Group at Tejgoan in the city on Tuesday.
The patron of Rajshahi Kings and the State Minister for Foreign Affairs Mohammed Shahriar Alam welcomed Mushfiq at Rajshahi Kings during the programme.
Rajshahi Kings, which finished runners up in their first appearance in BPL last year, formed a balanced team with great mix of experienced and young players and is looking forward to clinch the title this time with the spirited team.
Mushfiqur is one of the most reliable batsmen in BPL as the right-hander has amassed a massive 1172 runs in 42 matches so far, which is the highest for any batsman in BPL history.
Last year he also enjoyed brilliant form and was among the top five run scorers in the competition.
One of the most seasoned campaigners in Bangladesh cricket, Mushfiqur has been carrying Bangladesh’s middle order for nearly a decade. He scored the first double century for Bangladesh in 2013.
Over all, he has five Test and four ODI centuries.
Mushfiqur can destroy the opponent in T-20s too. His strike rate of 124.4 is the testimony to this statement. Mushfiqur has also some overseas experience with T-20s, having played for Karachi Kings in PSL.