- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Bangladesh Test captain Mushfiqur Rahim joins Rajshahi Kings
Test captain cum wicket-keeper of Bangladesh National Cricket team Mushfiqur Rahim joined Rajshahi Kings as icon player in the franchised-based Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) beginning here on November.
Mushfiqur was introduced as the icon player of the Rajshahi Kings for BPL’2017 at a function at head office of Runner Group at Tejgoan in the city on Tuesday.
The patron of Rajshahi Kings and the State Minister for Foreign Affairs Mohammed Shahriar Alam welcomed Mushfiq at Rajshahi Kings during the programme.
Rajshahi Kings, which finished runners up in their first appearance in BPL last year, formed a balanced team with great mix of experienced and young players and is looking forward to clinch the title this time with the spirited team.
Mushfiqur is one of the most reliable batsmen in BPL as the right-hander has amassed a massive 1172 runs in 42 matches so far, which is the highest for any batsman in BPL history.
Last year he also enjoyed brilliant form and was among the top five run scorers in the competition.
One of the most seasoned campaigners in Bangladesh cricket, Mushfiqur has been carrying Bangladesh’s middle order for nearly a decade. He scored the first double century for Bangladesh in 2013.
Over all, he has five Test and four ODI centuries.
Mushfiqur can destroy the opponent in T-20s too. His strike rate of 124.4 is the testimony to this statement. Mushfiqur has also some overseas experience with T-20s, having played for Karachi Kings in PSL.