- Guard polling centres instead of boycotting election
- Paul Allen: Microsoft co-founder and billionaire dies aged 65
- Asia stocks at 17-month low as China lets yuan slip
- UK announces $22.25m support for Rohingya refugees
- IMF forecasts 7.1pc economic growth for Bangladesh in 2019
- Bangladesh ‘least committed’ to cut rich-poor gap: Oxfam
- Bhashani Univ suspends 5 BCL leaders ‘for misbehaving with teachers’
- NKorea hackers broke into banks, tried to take US$1.1b
- Oil spill threatens Meghna; unheeded for 5 days
- Haiti quake death toll rises to 15, and 300 injured
More than 100 held in Tangail from Dhaka bound train
Police arrested more than 100 peoples in suspicion as opposition BNP-Jamaat activists in a drive from Dhaka-bound train ‘Padma Express’ in Tangail Sadar Upazila on Saturday.
Locals and witnesses said around 6.30am police conducted a drive at Tangail Railway Station in Padma Express and arrested them. All the detainees got into the train from different stations of northern districts to go to Dhaka.
Later on the detainees were kept at Tangail Sadar Police Station and the district police lines for interrogation.
Meanwhile, no long-route bus left Tangail for Dhaka this morning. Besides, all types of train which were moving towards the capital from northern districts returned from Tangail cancelling their Dhaka trips.
Tangail Police Super Saleh M Tanvir confirmed the matter and said they have arrested on suspicion of create any untoward incident.