- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Sekander Ali new BD envoy to Libya
The government has appointed Sheikh Sekander Ali as the next Ambassador of Bangladesh to Libya.
Sekander Ali, a career diplomat of 9th BCS (Foreign Affairs), joined Foreign Service in 1991.
He has been serving as Ambassador of Bangladesh to Sultanate of Oman since 2013, said the Foreign Ministry here on Wednesday.
In his diplomatic career, he served in Bangladesh missions in Doha, Kuala Lumpur, Brussels and Abu Dhabi in different capacities.