- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Sekander Ali new BD envoy to Libya
The government has appointed Sheikh Sekander Ali as the next Ambassador of Bangladesh to Libya.
Sekander Ali, a career diplomat of 9th BCS (Foreign Affairs), joined Foreign Service in 1991.
He has been serving as Ambassador of Bangladesh to Sultanate of Oman since 2013, said the Foreign Ministry here on Wednesday.
In his diplomatic career, he served in Bangladesh missions in Doha, Kuala Lumpur, Brussels and Abu Dhabi in different capacities.