- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Sekander Ali new BD envoy to Libya
The government has appointed Sheikh Sekander Ali as the next Ambassador of Bangladesh to Libya.
Sekander Ali, a career diplomat of 9th BCS (Foreign Affairs), joined Foreign Service in 1991.
He has been serving as Ambassador of Bangladesh to Sultanate of Oman since 2013, said the Foreign Ministry here on Wednesday.
In his diplomatic career, he served in Bangladesh missions in Doha, Kuala Lumpur, Brussels and Abu Dhabi in different capacities.