- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Bangladesh very important market for Canadian grains: Envoy
Canadian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Benoit-Pierre Laramee has said Bangladesh is a very important market for Canadian grains in view of the rapidly growing demand of wheat and other grains.
He stressed the importance of private sector importers of Canadian grains in expanding and strengthening bilateral trade and economic relations between Bangladesh and Canada.
The High Commissioner made the remarks while speaking at the third grain importers’ meeting held at a city hotel recently, said a press release on Saturday.
Canada Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CanCham, Bangladesh) President Masud Rahman chaired the meeting which highlighted various issues regarding grain imports from Canada.
Leading grain importers of Bangladesh and reputed bankers were also present at the event that discussed opportunities and challenges for grains import from Canada.
A study titled ‘Grain Import in Bangladesh: Canadian Grain Perspective’ was presented by Reed Consulting Bangladesh Ltd at the meeting.
A survey was conducted by them to identify the constraints associated with the import of grains from Canada.