- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
CEC’s dialogue a mockery, alleges BNP
BNP on Monday alleged that Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) KM Nurul Huda has been staging a mockery with the nation in the name of dialogue with different stakeholders ahead of the 11th parliamentary elections.
Speaking at a mild-mahfil-cum commemorating meeting, BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi urged the Election Commission (EC) to work for the restoration of people’s voting rights to gain public confidence instead of making any mockery.
“People will consider it as a mockery what’re you (CEC) doing now in the name of dialogue. Stop it, and work for restoring people’s voting rights which will help you gain public trust,” he said.
The BNP leader further said, “The CEC said they’ll only consider the suggestions of civil society members which are made in the light of the existing law and the constitution. If this is the case, why did you make a mockery in the name of talks? You shouldn’t have staged such a drama.”
Jatiyatabadi Swechchasebak Dal organised the programme at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office, marking the fourth death anniversary of its ex office secretary Munshi Jamaluddin Ahmed.