- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Man kills himself, hacks wife in Gazipur
An elderly man reportedly committed suicide after hacking his wife over family feud at Jeigya village in Kapasia upazila of the district on Sunday night.
Kapasia Police Station officer-in-charge Siddiqur Rahman told UNB that Abul Hossain, 60, hacked his wife Anwara Begun, 45, with lethal weapon indiscriminately around 11:00 pm and later committed suicide having poison.
Later, critically injured Anwara was rushed to a local hospital and then shifted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
The body of Abul Hossain was taken to police station and later it will be sent to Syed Tajuddin Medical College Hospital in Gazipur for an autopsy, the OC added.