- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
- Khaleda to surrender before court Thursday
- Promotion for 20 police at DIG-AIG level
- Rohingya influx puts locals into financial trouble
- AL wants EVMs in next election
- No plan to arrest Khaleda, says Quader
Reinstate Sociology teacher Shahadat: HC to DU
The High Court on Tuesday asked the authorities concerned of Dhaka University (DU) to reinstate its Sociology department Professor Shahadat Hossain, who was suspended on charge of sexual harassment.
An HC bench of Justice Tariq ul Hakim and Justice M Faruk passed the order after declaring the DU order suspending Prof. Shahadat illegal.
Advocate Anik R Haq and Tahsina Tasnim stood for the teacher while Advocate AFM Mejbah Uddin represented the DU.
With the order, there is no legal bar for Prof. Shahadat to continue his job.
Earlier, on March 6, the authorities concerned of DU suspended Prof. Shahadat Hossain following an allegation of sexual harassment.
On March 9, Prof. Shahadat Hossain filed a writ petition challenging the suspension order.
According to the writ petition, the DU authorities suspended the teacher without issuing any show cause notice to him which is contradictory to the law.