- Militants’ strength on the wane; no threat of attack: DMP chief
- Stand beside flood-hit people, Khaleda asks BNP followers
- Dhaka, Aug 16 (UNB) – The Appellate Division of the Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday fixed October 10 for hearing the government’s plea filed against the High Court (HC) order that declared the mobile court, conducted by the executive magistrates, illegal and contradictory to the Constitution. A six-member SC bench, headed by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha, fixed the date in the morning. Attorney general Mahbubey Alam said there is no bar to carry on mobile court till October 10. Earlier on May 11, the High Court declared illegal of the operation of mobile court by the executive magistrate. On May 14, the Chamber Judge stayed the HC order in response to an appeal filed by the government till May 18. On May 21, the SC adjourned the verdict of the High Court till July 2. The SC, on July 4, extended its earlier order for two weeks staying the High Court verdict.
- BNP accuses AL of making fun of flood victims
- New areas flooded in Sirajganj as Jamuna water keeps on rise
- More than 300 dead, 600 missing in Sierra Leone mudslides
- Truck kills two pedestrians in Mymensingh
- Iranian president threatens to revitalize nuclear program
- No food crisis in country, says Muhith
- Rice import duty to be cut down to 2pc
ACC to use IP TV in spreading anti-graft messages
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has taken an initiative to introduce an internet protocol (IP)-based television (TV) to disseminate anti-corruption messages aiming to create awareness among people about the adverse impacts of graft.
The Commission has already formed a five-member committee to look for possible ways to introduce an IP television so that viewers can watch anti-corruption programmes from the TV using the internet, official sources said.
The committee members are ACC director general (admin) Mohammad Muneer Chowdhury (convener), deputy director Md Samiul Masud (member secretary), system analyst (director) Md Rajib Hasan, deputy director and public relations officer Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya and deputy director Wakil Ahmed.