- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Bogra rape victim taken to Rajshahi safe home
The female student who was allegedly raped by Sramik League leader Tufan Sarkar was taken to a safe home and her mother to a support centre in Rajshahi on Monday night.
Senior jail superintendent of Bogra Mokarram Hossain said the girl and her mother were taken to Rajshai under police security around 9 pm.
After their medical treatment, the Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal on Monday ordered the authorities concerned to send them to safe home for their security.
On July 17, Sramik League leader Tufan took the girl to his house at Badurtala in the district town promising to arrange her admission to a local college, and raped her there.
When Tufan's wife Asha and her elder sister Bogra municipality female councillor Marzia Hasan Rumki came to know of the incident, they along with some associates picked the girl up and her mother from their house.
They allegedly beat the girl and her mother with sticks and shaved their heads.