- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Special security on Aug 15: Home Minister
Special security measures will be taken to ensure the smooth observance of National Mourning Day on August 15, said Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Tuesday.
“Special security measures will be taken on the occasion. Law enforcers will beef up security at Tungipara in Gopalganj, and in Dhanmondi 32 and Banani Graveyard areas,” he told journalists after a meeting on August 15 security measures.
Additional law enforcers will be deployed across the city in addition to installing CCTV cameras at important public places to avoid any untoward incident, he added.
Some areas will be made off-limit to traffic, and the changes in the traffic rearrangements will be informed through newspapers, he said.
Talking about the repatriation of the killers of Bangabandhu, the minister said they have managed to locate most of the fugitive killers of Bangabandhu staying abroad, and is trying to bring them back.