- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
ICT finalises probe report against 8 Khulna war crimes accused
The investigation agency of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) finalised its report against eight war crimes accused of Khulna district.
Sanaul Haq, senior coordinator and chief of the probe body, submitted the 1027-page report to the prosecution branch of the ICT on Tuesday.
The accused are—Amzad Hossain Hawladar, 75, Mozahar Ali Sheikh, 65, Sahar Ali Sardar, 65, Atier Rahman, 70, Motasim Billah, 80, Kamal Uddin Goldar, 66, Nazrul Islam, 60 and Ashraf Sheikh, 80—all hailing from Batiaghata and Dakope upazilas of Khulna district.
Of them, Nazrul Islam remained fugitive while Ashraf Sheikh died on June 5.
Charges including murder, arrest, torture, abduction, looting and arson attack were brought against them during the Liberation War.