- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
ICT finalises probe report against 8 Khulna war crimes accused
The investigation agency of the International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) finalised its report against eight war crimes accused of Khulna district.
Sanaul Haq, senior coordinator and chief of the probe body, submitted the 1027-page report to the prosecution branch of the ICT on Tuesday.
The accused are—Amzad Hossain Hawladar, 75, Mozahar Ali Sheikh, 65, Sahar Ali Sardar, 65, Atier Rahman, 70, Motasim Billah, 80, Kamal Uddin Goldar, 66, Nazrul Islam, 60 and Ashraf Sheikh, 80—all hailing from Batiaghata and Dakope upazilas of Khulna district.
Of them, Nazrul Islam remained fugitive while Ashraf Sheikh died on June 5.
Charges including murder, arrest, torture, abduction, looting and arson attack were brought against them during the Liberation War.