- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Reinstate Sociology teacher Shahadat: HC to DU
The High Court on Tuesday asked the authorities concerned of Dhaka University (DU) to reinstate its Sociology department Professor Shahadat Hossain, who was suspended on charge of sexual harassment.
An HC bench of Justice Tariq ul Hakim and Justice M Faruk passed the order after declaring the DU order suspending Prof. Shahadat illegal.
Advocate Anik R Haq and Tahsina Tasnim stood for the teacher while Advocate AFM Mejbah Uddin represented the DU.
With the order, there is no legal bar for Prof. Shahadat to continue his job.
Earlier, on March 6, the authorities concerned of DU suspended Prof. Shahadat Hossain following an allegation of sexual harassment.