- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Reinstate Sociology teacher Shahadat: HC to DU
The High Court on Tuesday asked the authorities concerned of Dhaka University (DU) to reinstate its Sociology department Professor Shahadat Hossain, who was suspended on charge of sexual harassment.
An HC bench of Justice Tariq ul Hakim and Justice M Faruk passed the order after declaring the DU order suspending Prof. Shahadat illegal.
Advocate Anik R Haq and Tahsina Tasnim stood for the teacher while Advocate AFM Mejbah Uddin represented the DU.
With the order, there is no legal bar for Prof. Shahadat to continue his job.
Earlier, on March 6, the authorities concerned of DU suspended Prof. Shahadat Hossain following an allegation of sexual harassment.