- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
1.9 kg heroin recovered in C’nawabganj
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) recovered 1.9 kilograms of heroin from Kodalkathi border area in Sadar upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
Tipped off that a gang of drug smugglers was trading drugs in Kodalkathi border area, a team of the border security force conducted a drive there around 5:00 pm, said AKM Raihan Hafiz, company commander of Rajshahi BGB-1 Battalion.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, the drug smugglers managed to flee the scene, said Hafiz.
Later, BGB men recovered 1.9 kg heroin worth Tk 38 lakh, he added.