- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
- Khaleda to surrender before court Thursday
- Promotion for 20 police at DIG-AIG level
- Rohingya influx puts locals into financial trouble
- AL wants EVMs in next election
- No plan to arrest Khaleda, says Quader
1.9 kg heroin recovered in C’nawabganj
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) recovered 1.9 kilograms of heroin from Kodalkathi border area in Sadar upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
Tipped off that a gang of drug smugglers was trading drugs in Kodalkathi border area, a team of the border security force conducted a drive there around 5:00 pm, said AKM Raihan Hafiz, company commander of Rajshahi BGB-1 Battalion.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, the drug smugglers managed to flee the scene, said Hafiz.
Later, BGB men recovered 1.9 kg heroin worth Tk 38 lakh, he added.