- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
1.9 kg heroin recovered in C’nawabganj
Members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) recovered 1.9 kilograms of heroin from Kodalkathi border area in Sadar upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
Tipped off that a gang of drug smugglers was trading drugs in Kodalkathi border area, a team of the border security force conducted a drive there around 5:00 pm, said AKM Raihan Hafiz, company commander of Rajshahi BGB-1 Battalion.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, the drug smugglers managed to flee the scene, said Hafiz.
Later, BGB men recovered 1.9 kg heroin worth Tk 38 lakh, he added.