- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
2 brokers at Jhenidah BRTA office jailed
A mobile court here sentenced two brokers to seven days imprisonment for harassing service seekers at the local office of Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA).
The convicts are Rajib Hossain and Mizanur Rahman. They were also fined Tk 2,000 each.
Witnesses said the mobile court, led by executive magistrate Jafar Sadik Chowdhury, launched a drive at the BRTA office on Tuesday noon and caught the brokers while they were harassing the service seekers.
Later, the mobile court meted out punishment to them. The convicts were sent to jail.