- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
2 brokers at Jhenidah BRTA office jailed
A mobile court here sentenced two brokers to seven days imprisonment for harassing service seekers at the local office of Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA).
The convicts are Rajib Hossain and Mizanur Rahman. They were also fined Tk 2,000 each.
Witnesses said the mobile court, led by executive magistrate Jafar Sadik Chowdhury, launched a drive at the BRTA office on Tuesday noon and caught the brokers while they were harassing the service seekers.
Later, the mobile court meted out punishment to them. The convicts were sent to jail.