- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
- Khaleda to surrender before court Thursday
- Promotion for 20 police at DIG-AIG level
- Rohingya influx puts locals into financial trouble
- AL wants EVMs in next election
- No plan to arrest Khaleda, says Quader
40 nursing students fall sick after taking meal in Noakhali
At least 40 students of Noakhali Nursing Institute fell sick early Wednesday due to food poisoning.
Acting principal of the institute Bebi Sultana said two students complained of stomachache around 7 am.
Later, several other students also fell sick and a total of 27 students were admitted to Noakhhli General Hospital till 11 am, she said, adding that several others were given treatment.
A three-member investigation committee was formed to look into the matter, Sultana added.
Director of Noakhhli General Hospital Dr ANM Samsul Karim said two ailing students became very weak.