- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
40 nursing students fall sick after taking meal in Noakhali
At least 40 students of Noakhali Nursing Institute fell sick early Wednesday due to food poisoning.
Acting principal of the institute Bebi Sultana said two students complained of stomachache around 7 am.
Later, several other students also fell sick and a total of 27 students were admitted to Noakhhli General Hospital till 11 am, she said, adding that several others were given treatment.
A three-member investigation committee was formed to look into the matter, Sultana added.
Director of Noakhhli General Hospital Dr ANM Samsul Karim said two ailing students became very weak.