- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
40 nursing students fall sick after taking meal in Noakhali
At least 40 students of Noakhali Nursing Institute fell sick early Wednesday due to food poisoning.
Acting principal of the institute Bebi Sultana said two students complained of stomachache around 7 am.
Later, several other students also fell sick and a total of 27 students were admitted to Noakhhli General Hospital till 11 am, she said, adding that several others were given treatment.
A three-member investigation committee was formed to look into the matter, Sultana added.
Director of Noakhhli General Hospital Dr ANM Samsul Karim said two ailing students became very weak.