- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Wage board formation for journos almost complete: Quader
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Wednesday said 80 percent work on the constitution of the 9th Wage Board for journalists, including the appointment of its chairman, has already been completed.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has shown a positive attitude towards the formation of the 9th Wage Board for journalists and staff of newspapers and news agencies. She has directed the Information Minister in this regard,” he said.
The minister was talking to reporters while visiting the work on the four-lane Dhaka-Tangail highway at Rabna of Town Bypass.
“The journalist organisations are united over the issue but the owners of the newspapers and news agencies are nowhere to be found. Once the owners step up, the wage board will be announced,” he said.
About the renovation work on highways, Quader said it will be completed 7-10 days ahead of Eid-ul-Azha and in case of negligence, stern action will be taken against those responsible.