- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Wage board formation for journos almost complete: Quader
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Wednesday said 80 percent work on the constitution of the 9th Wage Board for journalists, including the appointment of its chairman, has already been completed.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has shown a positive attitude towards the formation of the 9th Wage Board for journalists and staff of newspapers and news agencies. She has directed the Information Minister in this regard,” he said.
The minister was talking to reporters while visiting the work on the four-lane Dhaka-Tangail highway at Rabna of Town Bypass.
“The journalist organisations are united over the issue but the owners of the newspapers and news agencies are nowhere to be found. Once the owners step up, the wage board will be announced,” he said.
About the renovation work on highways, Quader said it will be completed 7-10 days ahead of Eid-ul-Azha and in case of negligence, stern action will be taken against those responsible.