- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Wage board formation for journos almost complete: Quader
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader on Wednesday said 80 percent work on the constitution of the 9th Wage Board for journalists, including the appointment of its chairman, has already been completed.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has shown a positive attitude towards the formation of the 9th Wage Board for journalists and staff of newspapers and news agencies. She has directed the Information Minister in this regard,” he said.
The minister was talking to reporters while visiting the work on the four-lane Dhaka-Tangail highway at Rabna of Town Bypass.
“The journalist organisations are united over the issue but the owners of the newspapers and news agencies are nowhere to be found. Once the owners step up, the wage board will be announced,” he said.
About the renovation work on highways, Quader said it will be completed 7-10 days ahead of Eid-ul-Azha and in case of negligence, stern action will be taken against those responsible.