- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Flight cancellation leads to Tk 40cr revenue loss: Biman MD
Managing Director of Biman Bangladesh Airlines Ltd AM Mosaddique Ahmed on Wednesday claimed that the national flag carrier has so far lost Tk 40 crore in revenue following the cancellation of hajj flights.
He came up with the claim at a press conference at Biman head office in the city.
Biman has so far cancelled 19 hajj flights for lack of pilgrims.
Asked about the total monetary loss due to the flight cancellation, Mosaddique said, “We aren’t carrying the pilgrims commercially. However, we’ve been deprived of Tk 40 crore as revenue.”
He, however, said Biman has got 14 additional landing slots alongside the existing ones from Saudi Arabia to carry the hajj pilgrims who could not fly due to visa complexities.
“The Saudi Arabia government has provided 14 additional landing slots to carry 4,687 hajj pilgrims who couldn’t fly due to the cancellation of 19 hajj flights till now,” the Biman MD said.