- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Flight cancellation leads to Tk 40cr revenue loss: Biman MD
Managing Director of Biman Bangladesh Airlines Ltd AM Mosaddique Ahmed on Wednesday claimed that the national flag carrier has so far lost Tk 40 crore in revenue following the cancellation of hajj flights.
He came up with the claim at a press conference at Biman head office in the city.
Biman has so far cancelled 19 hajj flights for lack of pilgrims.
Asked about the total monetary loss due to the flight cancellation, Mosaddique said, “We aren’t carrying the pilgrims commercially. However, we’ve been deprived of Tk 40 crore as revenue.”
He, however, said Biman has got 14 additional landing slots alongside the existing ones from Saudi Arabia to carry the hajj pilgrims who could not fly due to visa complexities.
“The Saudi Arabia government has provided 14 additional landing slots to carry 4,687 hajj pilgrims who couldn’t fly due to the cancellation of 19 hajj flights till now,” the Biman MD said.