- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
Ctg industries to get imported gas from early 2018: Secy
The government will start providing imported gas to the industries in Chittagong region from the 1st half of the next year while those in Dhaka region will get gas gradually afterwards.
Energy Secretary Nazimuddin Chowdhury disclosed the plan on Wednesday while addressing a seminar at the Petrobangla auditorium on the occasion of the National Energy Security Day.
He said all the necessary arrangements are being made to import LNG to meet the country’s growing demand. “We hope no one can say from next year that industrialisation is being impeded due to the energy crisis,” he told the seminar informing that he had a meeting with businessmen in Chittagong on the import of gas.
The secretary claimed that businessmen in Chittagong had agreed with the price of imported gas offered by the government. But he did not mention the price.