- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Ctg industries to get imported gas from early 2018: Secy
The government will start providing imported gas to the industries in Chittagong region from the 1st half of the next year while those in Dhaka region will get gas gradually afterwards.
Energy Secretary Nazimuddin Chowdhury disclosed the plan on Wednesday while addressing a seminar at the Petrobangla auditorium on the occasion of the National Energy Security Day.
He said all the necessary arrangements are being made to import LNG to meet the country’s growing demand. “We hope no one can say from next year that industrialisation is being impeded due to the energy crisis,” he told the seminar informing that he had a meeting with businessmen in Chittagong on the import of gas.
The secretary claimed that businessmen in Chittagong had agreed with the price of imported gas offered by the government. But he did not mention the price.