- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
- Khaleda to surrender before court Thursday
- Promotion for 20 police at DIG-AIG level
- Rohingya influx puts locals into financial trouble
- AL wants EVMs in next election
- No plan to arrest Khaleda, says Quader
Ctg industries to get imported gas from early 2018: Secy
The government will start providing imported gas to the industries in Chittagong region from the 1st half of the next year while those in Dhaka region will get gas gradually afterwards.
Energy Secretary Nazimuddin Chowdhury disclosed the plan on Wednesday while addressing a seminar at the Petrobangla auditorium on the occasion of the National Energy Security Day.
He said all the necessary arrangements are being made to import LNG to meet the country’s growing demand. “We hope no one can say from next year that industrialisation is being impeded due to the energy crisis,” he told the seminar informing that he had a meeting with businessmen in Chittagong on the import of gas.
The secretary claimed that businessmen in Chittagong had agreed with the price of imported gas offered by the government. But he did not mention the price.