- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Ctg industries to get imported gas from early 2018: Secy
The government will start providing imported gas to the industries in Chittagong region from the 1st half of the next year while those in Dhaka region will get gas gradually afterwards.
Energy Secretary Nazimuddin Chowdhury disclosed the plan on Wednesday while addressing a seminar at the Petrobangla auditorium on the occasion of the National Energy Security Day.
He said all the necessary arrangements are being made to import LNG to meet the country’s growing demand. “We hope no one can say from next year that industrialisation is being impeded due to the energy crisis,” he told the seminar informing that he had a meeting with businessmen in Chittagong on the import of gas.
The secretary claimed that businessmen in Chittagong had agreed with the price of imported gas offered by the government. But he did not mention the price.