- Nat’l election: BNP renews demand for dialogue
- 21 eminent citizens receive Ekushey Padak
- Work to gain people’s confidence, President asks PSC
- Appeal filed with HC against Khaleda’s sentence
- Maintain distinctive characters of Bangla: PM
- PM invites her Dutch counterpart to launch BD Delta Plan
- 50 BNP men hurt in clash with police, 20 held
- 17 killed in garbage dump collapse in Mozambique
- Angry mob killed suspects in murder of girl in India
- RU students demand revision of quota systems in gov’t jobs
SDGs achievement depends on good governance: TIB
Noting that political will is a must to check corruption in the country, executive director of Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) Dr Iftekharuzzaman on Wednesday said it is quite impossible to achieve sustainable development goal-16 (SDG-16) without ensuring good governance and combating corruption.
The aim of SDG-16 is to ensure peace, justice and strong institutions.
“Alongside considering all equal to laws, political will is a must to control corruption and this commitment should be implemented…because there’s no alternative to political will to control corruption,” he said while addressing a human chain programme.
Local chapter of the Berlin-based anti-graft agency arranged the programme in front of the Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of Dhaka University, marking the International Youth Day 2017.