- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
SDGs achievement depends on good governance: TIB
Noting that political will is a must to check corruption in the country, executive director of Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) Dr Iftekharuzzaman on Wednesday said it is quite impossible to achieve sustainable development goal-16 (SDG-16) without ensuring good governance and combating corruption.
The aim of SDG-16 is to ensure peace, justice and strong institutions.
“Alongside considering all equal to laws, political will is a must to control corruption and this commitment should be implemented…because there’s no alternative to political will to control corruption,” he said while addressing a human chain programme.
Local chapter of the Berlin-based anti-graft agency arranged the programme in front of the Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of Dhaka University, marking the International Youth Day 2017.