- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
SDGs achievement depends on good governance: TIB
Noting that political will is a must to check corruption in the country, executive director of Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) Dr Iftekharuzzaman on Wednesday said it is quite impossible to achieve sustainable development goal-16 (SDG-16) without ensuring good governance and combating corruption.
The aim of SDG-16 is to ensure peace, justice and strong institutions.
“Alongside considering all equal to laws, political will is a must to control corruption and this commitment should be implemented…because there’s no alternative to political will to control corruption,” he said while addressing a human chain programme.
Local chapter of the Berlin-based anti-graft agency arranged the programme in front of the Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of Dhaka University, marking the International Youth Day 2017.