- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
- Khaleda to surrender before court Thursday
- Promotion for 20 police at DIG-AIG level
- Rohingya influx puts locals into financial trouble
- AL wants EVMs in next election
- No plan to arrest Khaleda, says Quader
SDGs achievement depends on good governance: TIB
Noting that political will is a must to check corruption in the country, executive director of Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) Dr Iftekharuzzaman on Wednesday said it is quite impossible to achieve sustainable development goal-16 (SDG-16) without ensuring good governance and combating corruption.
The aim of SDG-16 is to ensure peace, justice and strong institutions.
“Alongside considering all equal to laws, political will is a must to control corruption and this commitment should be implemented…because there’s no alternative to political will to control corruption,” he said while addressing a human chain programme.
Local chapter of the Berlin-based anti-graft agency arranged the programme in front of the Teachers Students Centre (TSC) of Dhaka University, marking the International Youth Day 2017.