- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
4 ‘thieves’ killed by mob in Noakhali
Four suspected cattle thieves were killed in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Kachhapia village in Subarnachar upazila early Thursday.
One of the deceased was identified as Hasan, 30, a resident of the village.
Nizam Uddin, officer-in-charge of Charjabbar Police Station, said five people in a pick-up van entered the village in a bid to steal cow around 3 am.
Sensing the presence of the intruders, the villagers chased them and caught four of them.
Later, they gave them a tremendous thrashing, leaving the four dead.
On information, police went to the spot and recovered the bodies.
Later, local people also managed to catch the two others from the pick-up van, including its driver, and handed them over to police.