- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
4 ‘thieves’ killed by mob in Noakhali
Four suspected cattle thieves were killed in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Kachhapia village in Subarnachar upazila early Thursday.
One of the deceased was identified as Hasan, 30, a resident of the village.
Nizam Uddin, officer-in-charge of Charjabbar Police Station, said five people in a pick-up van entered the village in a bid to steal cow around 3 am.
Sensing the presence of the intruders, the villagers chased them and caught four of them.
Later, they gave them a tremendous thrashing, leaving the four dead.
On information, police went to the spot and recovered the bodies.
Later, local people also managed to catch the two others from the pick-up van, including its driver, and handed them over to police.