- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
4 ‘thieves’ killed by mob in Noakhali
Four suspected cattle thieves were killed in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Kachhapia village in Subarnachar upazila early Thursday.
One of the deceased was identified as Hasan, 30, a resident of the village.
Nizam Uddin, officer-in-charge of Charjabbar Police Station, said five people in a pick-up van entered the village in a bid to steal cow around 3 am.
Sensing the presence of the intruders, the villagers chased them and caught four of them.
Later, they gave them a tremendous thrashing, leaving the four dead.
On information, police went to the spot and recovered the bodies.
Later, local people also managed to catch the two others from the pick-up van, including its driver, and handed them over to police.