- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
4 ‘thieves’ killed by mob in Noakhali
Four suspected cattle thieves were killed in a lynch-mob attack at Uttar Kachhapia village in Subarnachar upazila early Thursday.
One of the deceased was identified as Hasan, 30, a resident of the village.
Nizam Uddin, officer-in-charge of Charjabbar Police Station, said five people in a pick-up van entered the village in a bid to steal cow around 3 am.
Sensing the presence of the intruders, the villagers chased them and caught four of them.
Later, they gave them a tremendous thrashing, leaving the four dead.
On information, police went to the spot and recovered the bodies.
Later, local people also managed to catch the two others from the pick-up van, including its driver, and handed them over to police.