- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Indefinite bus strike in Barisal division
Barisal-Patuakhali Minibus Owners’ Association called an indefinite strike on 38 routes of the six districts under Barisal division protesting attack on their leader by the human hauler workers.
Nazrul Islam Khan, president of the association, was assaulted by some human hauler workers on Barisal-Patuakhali road at Dapdapia on Monday, said its general secretary Kawsar Hossain Shipon.
As the news spread, the association enforced the strike for an indefinite period from Thursday in protest of the attack incident.
They also threatened to continue their strike until the local administration would take any effective measures to stop plying of three-wheeler vehicles on the highway and steps for filing a case.
Commuters are suffering much following the bus strike and some people were seen to reach their destinations by hiring rickshaw vans.