- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Indefinite bus strike in Barisal division
Barisal-Patuakhali Minibus Owners’ Association called an indefinite strike on 38 routes of the six districts under Barisal division protesting attack on their leader by the human hauler workers.
Nazrul Islam Khan, president of the association, was assaulted by some human hauler workers on Barisal-Patuakhali road at Dapdapia on Monday, said its general secretary Kawsar Hossain Shipon.
As the news spread, the association enforced the strike for an indefinite period from Thursday in protest of the attack incident.
They also threatened to continue their strike until the local administration would take any effective measures to stop plying of three-wheeler vehicles on the highway and steps for filing a case.
Commuters are suffering much following the bus strike and some people were seen to reach their destinations by hiring rickshaw vans.