- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Indefinite bus strike in Barisal division
Barisal-Patuakhali Minibus Owners’ Association called an indefinite strike on 38 routes of the six districts under Barisal division protesting attack on their leader by the human hauler workers.
Nazrul Islam Khan, president of the association, was assaulted by some human hauler workers on Barisal-Patuakhali road at Dapdapia on Monday, said its general secretary Kawsar Hossain Shipon.
As the news spread, the association enforced the strike for an indefinite period from Thursday in protest of the attack incident.
They also threatened to continue their strike until the local administration would take any effective measures to stop plying of three-wheeler vehicles on the highway and steps for filing a case.
Commuters are suffering much following the bus strike and some people were seen to reach their destinations by hiring rickshaw vans.