- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Indefinite bus strike in Barisal division
Barisal-Patuakhali Minibus Owners’ Association called an indefinite strike on 38 routes of the six districts under Barisal division protesting attack on their leader by the human hauler workers.
Nazrul Islam Khan, president of the association, was assaulted by some human hauler workers on Barisal-Patuakhali road at Dapdapia on Monday, said its general secretary Kawsar Hossain Shipon.
As the news spread, the association enforced the strike for an indefinite period from Thursday in protest of the attack incident.
They also threatened to continue their strike until the local administration would take any effective measures to stop plying of three-wheeler vehicles on the highway and steps for filing a case.
Commuters are suffering much following the bus strike and some people were seen to reach their destinations by hiring rickshaw vans.