- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
BD now on global tourism map: Minister v
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon on Thursday said Bangladesh is now on the global tourism map with its growing presence though it could not successfully attract the international tourists in a significant way in the past.
“If we can invest properly, the tourism industry can emerge as a big source of foreign currency earnings contributing to the national economy in a greater way,” he said.
Menon came up with the remarks while inaugurating the seventh Bangladesh International Tourism Fair (BITF) 2017 organised by the Bangladesh Foundation for Tourism Development in the city.
He said the private sector can play a greater role for further development of the country’s tourism industry.
“The government can facilitate but we have to encourage the private sector to invest in the tourism industry and help boost the industry. There’s no chance of incurring losses though investment in this sector,” said the Tourism Minister.