- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
BD now on global tourism map: Minister v
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister Rashed Khan Menon on Thursday said Bangladesh is now on the global tourism map with its growing presence though it could not successfully attract the international tourists in a significant way in the past.
“If we can invest properly, the tourism industry can emerge as a big source of foreign currency earnings contributing to the national economy in a greater way,” he said.
Menon came up with the remarks while inaugurating the seventh Bangladesh International Tourism Fair (BITF) 2017 organised by the Bangladesh Foundation for Tourism Development in the city.
He said the private sector can play a greater role for further development of the country’s tourism industry.
“The government can facilitate but we have to encourage the private sector to invest in the tourism industry and help boost the industry. There’s no chance of incurring losses though investment in this sector,” said the Tourism Minister.