- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Fugitive accused, 36 others held in Narail
Police in separate drives arrested 37 people, including five drug traders and a fugitive accused, from different parts of the district, from Thursday to Friday morning on various charges.
Of the arrestees, 16 people were arrested from Sadar upazila, 10 from Lohagara upazila, five from Kalia upazila and six from Naragati thana of the district, said Sarder Rakibul Islam, superintendent of Narail Police.
Police also seized 71 pieces of Yaba tablets and 110gram hemp.
The arrestees are accused in different cases filed over acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the SP added.