- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Fugitive accused, 36 others held in Narail
Police in separate drives arrested 37 people, including five drug traders and a fugitive accused, from different parts of the district, from Thursday to Friday morning on various charges.
Of the arrestees, 16 people were arrested from Sadar upazila, 10 from Lohagara upazila, five from Kalia upazila and six from Naragati thana of the district, said Sarder Rakibul Islam, superintendent of Narail Police.
Police also seized 71 pieces of Yaba tablets and 110gram hemp.
The arrestees are accused in different cases filed over acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the SP added.