- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Fugitive accused, 36 others held in Narail
Police in separate drives arrested 37 people, including five drug traders and a fugitive accused, from different parts of the district, from Thursday to Friday morning on various charges.
Of the arrestees, 16 people were arrested from Sadar upazila, 10 from Lohagara upazila, five from Kalia upazila and six from Naragati thana of the district, said Sarder Rakibul Islam, superintendent of Narail Police.
Police also seized 71 pieces of Yaba tablets and 110gram hemp.
The arrestees are accused in different cases filed over acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the SP added.