- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Trader stabbed dead in Pirojpur
A trader was stabbed to death by some unidentified miscreants at West Shankarpasha village in Sadar upazila here on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Aslam Khalifa, 26, son of Habibur Rahman Khalifa of the village.
When Aslam was returning home from Boudubi Bazar of Indurkani upazila after selling birds the miscreants stabbed him indiscriminately with sharp weapons, leaving him dead and then dumped the body in a nearby waterbody, said Officer-in-Charge of Sadar Police Station Masumur Rahman Biswas.
A case was filed in the connection.