- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Trader stabbed dead in Pirojpur
A trader was stabbed to death by some unidentified miscreants at West Shankarpasha village in Sadar upazila here on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Aslam Khalifa, 26, son of Habibur Rahman Khalifa of the village.
When Aslam was returning home from Boudubi Bazar of Indurkani upazila after selling birds the miscreants stabbed him indiscriminately with sharp weapons, leaving him dead and then dumped the body in a nearby waterbody, said Officer-in-Charge of Sadar Police Station Masumur Rahman Biswas.
A case was filed in the connection.