- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Trader stabbed dead in Pirojpur
A trader was stabbed to death by some unidentified miscreants at West Shankarpasha village in Sadar upazila here on Thursday night.
The deceased was identified as Aslam Khalifa, 26, son of Habibur Rahman Khalifa of the village.
When Aslam was returning home from Boudubi Bazar of Indurkani upazila after selling birds the miscreants stabbed him indiscriminately with sharp weapons, leaving him dead and then dumped the body in a nearby waterbody, said Officer-in-Charge of Sadar Police Station Masumur Rahman Biswas.
A case was filed in the connection.