- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
‘Drug peddler’ killed during ‘police chase’
An alleged drug peddler was killed allegedly during police chase at Konyadoho Bazar in Sharsha upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Mannan, 50, son of Ahar Ali member, a resident of Konyadoho village.
Moniruzzaman, officer-in-charge of Sharsha Police Station, said tipped off that a group of drug peddlers was taking drug, a team of police conducted a drive in the area early in the morning and cordoned off a two-storey building.
Sensing the presence of police, Mannan along with another drug trader Milon jumped through a window on the 1st floor in a bid to flee that left him injured.
Mannan died on his way to hospital.
Police arrested another drug trader Zoddin from the spot.