- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
‘Drug peddler’ killed during ‘police chase’
An alleged drug peddler was killed allegedly during police chase at Konyadoho Bazar in Sharsha upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Mannan, 50, son of Ahar Ali member, a resident of Konyadoho village.
Moniruzzaman, officer-in-charge of Sharsha Police Station, said tipped off that a group of drug peddlers was taking drug, a team of police conducted a drive in the area early in the morning and cordoned off a two-storey building.
Sensing the presence of police, Mannan along with another drug trader Milon jumped through a window on the 1st floor in a bid to flee that left him injured.
Mannan died on his way to hospital.
Police arrested another drug trader Zoddin from the spot.