- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
‘Drug peddler’ killed during ‘police chase’
An alleged drug peddler was killed allegedly during police chase at Konyadoho Bazar in Sharsha upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Mannan, 50, son of Ahar Ali member, a resident of Konyadoho village.
Moniruzzaman, officer-in-charge of Sharsha Police Station, said tipped off that a group of drug peddlers was taking drug, a team of police conducted a drive in the area early in the morning and cordoned off a two-storey building.
Sensing the presence of police, Mannan along with another drug trader Milon jumped through a window on the 1st floor in a bid to flee that left him injured.
Mannan died on his way to hospital.
Police arrested another drug trader Zoddin from the spot.