- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
‘Drug peddler’ killed during ‘police chase’
An alleged drug peddler was killed allegedly during police chase at Konyadoho Bazar in Sharsha upazila early Friday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Mannan, 50, son of Ahar Ali member, a resident of Konyadoho village.
Moniruzzaman, officer-in-charge of Sharsha Police Station, said tipped off that a group of drug peddlers was taking drug, a team of police conducted a drive in the area early in the morning and cordoned off a two-storey building.
Sensing the presence of police, Mannan along with another drug trader Milon jumped through a window on the 1st floor in a bid to flee that left him injured.
Mannan died on his way to hospital.
Police arrested another drug trader Zoddin from the spot.