- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Fire breaks out at Shahjalal Airport
A fire broke out at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Friday afternoon that might cause delay in outgoing flight operations amid suspension of activities at its departure lounge.
“The schedules of inbound flights’ landing remain normal. However, there might be delay in taking off flights as the departure lounge’s operation remains suspended,” Airport Armed Police Battalion Commanding officer Rashed told UNB.
He said the fire broke out on the second floor of airport’s main building around 1:37pm, and there is no report of casualty.
All the passengers, including hajj pilgrims, and airport, airline staff, have been evacuated soon after the fire broke out, created panic among the people around.
Fire service control room sources said 10 fire-fighting units rushed to the spot and are working to douse the flame.