- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Fire breaks out at Shahjalal Airport
A fire broke out at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Friday afternoon that might cause delay in outgoing flight operations amid suspension of activities at its departure lounge.
“The schedules of inbound flights’ landing remain normal. However, there might be delay in taking off flights as the departure lounge’s operation remains suspended,” Airport Armed Police Battalion Commanding officer Rashed told UNB.
He said the fire broke out on the second floor of airport’s main building around 1:37pm, and there is no report of casualty.
All the passengers, including hajj pilgrims, and airport, airline staff, have been evacuated soon after the fire broke out, created panic among the people around.
Fire service control room sources said 10 fire-fighting units rushed to the spot and are working to douse the flame.