- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Fire breaks out at Shahjalal Airport
A fire broke out at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Friday afternoon that might cause delay in outgoing flight operations amid suspension of activities at its departure lounge.
“The schedules of inbound flights’ landing remain normal. However, there might be delay in taking off flights as the departure lounge’s operation remains suspended,” Airport Armed Police Battalion Commanding officer Rashed told UNB.
He said the fire broke out on the second floor of airport’s main building around 1:37pm, and there is no report of casualty.
All the passengers, including hajj pilgrims, and airport, airline staff, have been evacuated soon after the fire broke out, created panic among the people around.
Fire service control room sources said 10 fire-fighting units rushed to the spot and are working to douse the flame.