- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Fire breaks out at Shahjalal Airport
A fire broke out at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport on Friday afternoon that might cause delay in outgoing flight operations amid suspension of activities at its departure lounge.
“The schedules of inbound flights’ landing remain normal. However, there might be delay in taking off flights as the departure lounge’s operation remains suspended,” Airport Armed Police Battalion Commanding officer Rashed told UNB.
He said the fire broke out on the second floor of airport’s main building around 1:37pm, and there is no report of casualty.
All the passengers, including hajj pilgrims, and airport, airline staff, have been evacuated soon after the fire broke out, created panic among the people around.
Fire service control room sources said 10 fire-fighting units rushed to the spot and are working to douse the flame.