- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Pedestrian killed as tornado hits Ctg
A man was killed and two others were injured as a tin made house was blown off and fell on them during a tornado in Fisharighat area in the city on Friday morning.
The deceased was identified as Russel Dey, 33, son of Ranjit Dey of Bhatikhail area of Patiya upazila and an official of a private bank.
Sarwer Jahan, fire service official of Agrabad area, said the house which was blown off during the storm fell on some pedestrians, leaving three people, including Russel, injured.
On information, two fire fighting units from Lamabazar and Nandankanon rushed to the spot and rescued them.
Later, they were rushed to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Russel dead, said Md Alauddin, assistant sub-inspector of CMCH medical outpost.
The other injured were Abdul Khaleq, 40 of Boalkhali upazila and Syedul Alam, 60, resident of Char Patharghata area of karnaphuli Thana.