- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Pedestrian killed as tornado hits Ctg
A man was killed and two others were injured as a tin made house was blown off and fell on them during a tornado in Fisharighat area in the city on Friday morning.
The deceased was identified as Russel Dey, 33, son of Ranjit Dey of Bhatikhail area of Patiya upazila and an official of a private bank.
Sarwer Jahan, fire service official of Agrabad area, said the house which was blown off during the storm fell on some pedestrians, leaving three people, including Russel, injured.
On information, two fire fighting units from Lamabazar and Nandankanon rushed to the spot and rescued them.
Later, they were rushed to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Russel dead, said Md Alauddin, assistant sub-inspector of CMCH medical outpost.
The other injured were Abdul Khaleq, 40 of Boalkhali upazila and Syedul Alam, 60, resident of Char Patharghata area of karnaphuli Thana.