- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Pedestrian killed as tornado hits Ctg
A man was killed and two others were injured as a tin made house was blown off and fell on them during a tornado in Fisharighat area in the city on Friday morning.
The deceased was identified as Russel Dey, 33, son of Ranjit Dey of Bhatikhail area of Patiya upazila and an official of a private bank.
Sarwer Jahan, fire service official of Agrabad area, said the house which was blown off during the storm fell on some pedestrians, leaving three people, including Russel, injured.
On information, two fire fighting units from Lamabazar and Nandankanon rushed to the spot and rescued them.
Later, they were rushed to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Russel dead, said Md Alauddin, assistant sub-inspector of CMCH medical outpost.
The other injured were Abdul Khaleq, 40 of Boalkhali upazila and Syedul Alam, 60, resident of Char Patharghata area of karnaphuli Thana.