- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
BNP terms minister Quamrul’s CJ comment extremely audacious
BNP on Friday termed ‘extremely audacious’ Food Minister Quamrul Islam’s comment on Chief Justice SK Sinha following the Supreme Court’s verdict that cancelled the 16th constitutional amendment.
“The Food Minister’s remarks about the Chief Justice is extremely audacious and a grave threat to the independent judiciary,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
He came up with the comment while speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office.
Speaking at a discussion meeting at Dhaka Bar Association auditorium on Thursday, Quamrul demanded the removal of the Chief Justice. “If he (Sinha) had the minimum sense of morality, he would have resigned willingly. Or else, the lawyers will wage a strong movement against him from September.”