- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
BNP terms minister Quamrul’s CJ comment extremely audacious
BNP on Friday termed ‘extremely audacious’ Food Minister Quamrul Islam’s comment on Chief Justice SK Sinha following the Supreme Court’s verdict that cancelled the 16th constitutional amendment.
“The Food Minister’s remarks about the Chief Justice is extremely audacious and a grave threat to the independent judiciary,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
He came up with the comment while speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office.
Speaking at a discussion meeting at Dhaka Bar Association auditorium on Thursday, Quamrul demanded the removal of the Chief Justice. “If he (Sinha) had the minimum sense of morality, he would have resigned willingly. Or else, the lawyers will wage a strong movement against him from September.”