- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
BNP terms minister Quamrul’s CJ comment extremely audacious
BNP on Friday termed ‘extremely audacious’ Food Minister Quamrul Islam’s comment on Chief Justice SK Sinha following the Supreme Court’s verdict that cancelled the 16th constitutional amendment.
“The Food Minister’s remarks about the Chief Justice is extremely audacious and a grave threat to the independent judiciary,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
He came up with the comment while speaking at a press conference at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office.
Speaking at a discussion meeting at Dhaka Bar Association auditorium on Thursday, Quamrul demanded the removal of the Chief Justice. “If he (Sinha) had the minimum sense of morality, he would have resigned willingly. Or else, the lawyers will wage a strong movement against him from September.”