- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Farmer killed in Sherpur elephant attack
An elderly farmer was killed and his wife and son were injured in an attack by wild elephants at Haluahati village in Sreebardi upazila on Thursday night.
A herd of elephants, numbering 30-40, came down the hills around 11pm and damaged a paddy field in the area, said Md Rezaul Karim, officer-in-charge of Sreebardi Police Station.
When the locals tried to ward off the elephants, they attacked them, leaving Abdul Hye, 70, son of Tonu Mandal, dead on the spot and his wife and son Israfil Mia injured, the OC added.
The injured were admitted to Sreebardi upazila health complex.