- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Farmer killed in Sherpur elephant attack
An elderly farmer was killed and his wife and son were injured in an attack by wild elephants at Haluahati village in Sreebardi upazila on Thursday night.
A herd of elephants, numbering 30-40, came down the hills around 11pm and damaged a paddy field in the area, said Md Rezaul Karim, officer-in-charge of Sreebardi Police Station.
When the locals tried to ward off the elephants, they attacked them, leaving Abdul Hye, 70, son of Tonu Mandal, dead on the spot and his wife and son Israfil Mia injured, the OC added.
The injured were admitted to Sreebardi upazila health complex.