- Graduation from LDC: Govt to celebrate on March 22
- BD hailed for pioneering Int'l Mother Language Day
- President goes to Singapore for treatment
- Bangladesh makes progress in graft index
- Cop suspended in C’nawabganj for attempt to snatch Tk 3 lakh
- 2 cops among 4 held for looting Satkhira trader’s money
- Set more anti-graft instances to improve score: TIB
- Always stay ready to face external, internal threats: PM to Army
- People defy border barriers for mother tongue
- Friends of Pakistan alternatives to AL: Quader to India
Farmer killed in Sherpur elephant attack
An elderly farmer was killed and his wife and son were injured in an attack by wild elephants at Haluahati village in Sreebardi upazila on Thursday night.
A herd of elephants, numbering 30-40, came down the hills around 11pm and damaged a paddy field in the area, said Md Rezaul Karim, officer-in-charge of Sreebardi Police Station.
When the locals tried to ward off the elephants, they attacked them, leaving Abdul Hye, 70, son of Tonu Mandal, dead on the spot and his wife and son Israfil Mia injured, the OC added.
The injured were admitted to Sreebardi upazila health complex.