- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
50 injured in Noakhali tornado
A tornado hit three villages in Companiganj upazila on Thursday, leaving at least 20 people injured and 50 establishments damaged.
Abdur Razzak, chairman of Char Elahi Union Parishad, said the tornado lashed Charnengta’s ward No three and four around 1:20 pm and damaged 50 establishments, including dwelling houses, poultry farms and shops.
At least 20 people were also injured during the storm, he said.