- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
50 injured in Noakhali tornado
A tornado hit three villages in Companiganj upazila on Thursday, leaving at least 20 people injured and 50 establishments damaged.
Abdur Razzak, chairman of Char Elahi Union Parishad, said the tornado lashed Charnengta’s ward No three and four around 1:20 pm and damaged 50 establishments, including dwelling houses, poultry farms and shops.
At least 20 people were also injured during the storm, he said.