- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
50 injured in Noakhali tornado
A tornado hit three villages in Companiganj upazila on Thursday, leaving at least 20 people injured and 50 establishments damaged.
Abdur Razzak, chairman of Char Elahi Union Parishad, said the tornado lashed Charnengta’s ward No three and four around 1:20 pm and damaged 50 establishments, including dwelling houses, poultry farms and shops.
At least 20 people were also injured during the storm, he said.