- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Sherpur man gets 1 year in rape case
A court here has convicted a man and sentenced him to life term imprisonment for violating a minor girl in Nakla upazila in 2015.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Md Moslem Uddin on Thursday convicted Munir Hussain, 26, son of Amu Mia of Maoa village in the upazila as he found him guilty of raping the little girl at Paiska village on June 26, 2015.
The Judge also fined him Tk 50,000.
Munir was arrested after the victim’s father filed a case with Nakla Police Station following the rape.
Police later submitted a charge-sheet against Munir on September 21, 2015.
The Judge pronounced the verdict after examining evidence and eight witnesses.