- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Sherpur man gets 1 year in rape case
A court here has convicted a man and sentenced him to life term imprisonment for violating a minor girl in Nakla upazila in 2015.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Md Moslem Uddin on Thursday convicted Munir Hussain, 26, son of Amu Mia of Maoa village in the upazila as he found him guilty of raping the little girl at Paiska village on June 26, 2015.
The Judge also fined him Tk 50,000.
Munir was arrested after the victim’s father filed a case with Nakla Police Station following the rape.
Police later submitted a charge-sheet against Munir on September 21, 2015.
The Judge pronounced the verdict after examining evidence and eight witnesses.