- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Sherpur man gets 1 year in rape case
A court here has convicted a man and sentenced him to life term imprisonment for violating a minor girl in Nakla upazila in 2015.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Md Moslem Uddin on Thursday convicted Munir Hussain, 26, son of Amu Mia of Maoa village in the upazila as he found him guilty of raping the little girl at Paiska village on June 26, 2015.
The Judge also fined him Tk 50,000.
Munir was arrested after the victim’s father filed a case with Nakla Police Station following the rape.
Police later submitted a charge-sheet against Munir on September 21, 2015.
The Judge pronounced the verdict after examining evidence and eight witnesses.