- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
AL leader hacked dead in Mymensingh
A local Awami League leader was hacked to death allegedly by his neighbours over previous enmity at Ramnagar village in Haluaghat upazila on Thursday afternoon.
Police said Rais Uddin Chishti, 60, vice president of Dhurail union unit of Awami League, had been in loggerheads with his neighbours over the placement of an electric pole adjacent to his house at Ramnagar village.
As a sequel of the enmity, the neighbours swooped on Chishti around 3 pm following an altercation, leaving the ruling party leader dead on the spot, said officer-in-charge of Haluaghat Police Station Mohammad Lal Miah.
The body was sent to hospital morgue for autopsy, the OC added.