- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
AL leader hacked dead in Mymensingh
A local Awami League leader was hacked to death allegedly by his neighbours over previous enmity at Ramnagar village in Haluaghat upazila on Thursday afternoon.
Police said Rais Uddin Chishti, 60, vice president of Dhurail union unit of Awami League, had been in loggerheads with his neighbours over the placement of an electric pole adjacent to his house at Ramnagar village.
As a sequel of the enmity, the neighbours swooped on Chishti around 3 pm following an altercation, leaving the ruling party leader dead on the spot, said officer-in-charge of Haluaghat Police Station Mohammad Lal Miah.
The body was sent to hospital morgue for autopsy, the OC added.