- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
AL leader hacked dead in Mymensingh
A local Awami League leader was hacked to death allegedly by his neighbours over previous enmity at Ramnagar village in Haluaghat upazila on Thursday afternoon.
Police said Rais Uddin Chishti, 60, vice president of Dhurail union unit of Awami League, had been in loggerheads with his neighbours over the placement of an electric pole adjacent to his house at Ramnagar village.
As a sequel of the enmity, the neighbours swooped on Chishti around 3 pm following an altercation, leaving the ruling party leader dead on the spot, said officer-in-charge of Haluaghat Police Station Mohammad Lal Miah.
The body was sent to hospital morgue for autopsy, the OC added.