- PM says Rohingya problem could be solved with her 5-point proposal
- New satellite image shows mass destruction in Rakhine
- 2 suspected robbers held in Moulvibazar
- 5 of a Bangladeshi family killed in Kuwait fire
- Indian citizen held with 18 gold bars
- Fake doctor, assistant held in Chandpur
- Foreign Minister to visit Myanmar Nov 19
- US, Japan agree to maximize diplomatic pressure on N. Korea
- Maintain objectivity in journalism: President
- Cabinet clears Surcharge Management Policy to control tobacco
Clash in Habiganj over mosque committee formation; 2 dead
Two people were killed and around hundred others were injured in a clash between two rival groups of villagers over the formation of a mosque committee at Mukkandi village in Bahubal upazila on Saturday morning.
Mazharul Islam, officer-in-charge of Bahubal Police Station, said there was a dispute between the residents of ‘Londoni Bari’ and ‘Akanda Bari’ over the committee formation of a mosque at the village and changing its imam.
As a sequel to it, both groups engaged in a clash with sharp weapons around 6am, leaving some 100 people injured.
Among the injured, Abdul Matin, 48, supporter of ‘Akanda Bari’, and Kabir Miah, 52, supporter of ‘Londoni Bari’, succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital, the OC added.
On information, police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control around 8am.