- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Clash in Habiganj over mosque committee formation; 2 dead
Two people were killed and around hundred others were injured in a clash between two rival groups of villagers over the formation of a mosque committee at Mukkandi village in Bahubal upazila on Saturday morning.
Mazharul Islam, officer-in-charge of Bahubal Police Station, said there was a dispute between the residents of ‘Londoni Bari’ and ‘Akanda Bari’ over the committee formation of a mosque at the village and changing its imam.
As a sequel to it, both groups engaged in a clash with sharp weapons around 6am, leaving some 100 people injured.
Among the injured, Abdul Matin, 48, supporter of ‘Akanda Bari’, and Kabir Miah, 52, supporter of ‘Londoni Bari’, succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital, the OC added.
On information, police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control around 8am.