- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Clash in Habiganj over mosque committee formation; 2 dead
Two people were killed and around hundred others were injured in a clash between two rival groups of villagers over the formation of a mosque committee at Mukkandi village in Bahubal upazila on Saturday morning.
Mazharul Islam, officer-in-charge of Bahubal Police Station, said there was a dispute between the residents of ‘Londoni Bari’ and ‘Akanda Bari’ over the committee formation of a mosque at the village and changing its imam.
As a sequel to it, both groups engaged in a clash with sharp weapons around 6am, leaving some 100 people injured.
Among the injured, Abdul Matin, 48, supporter of ‘Akanda Bari’, and Kabir Miah, 52, supporter of ‘Londoni Bari’, succumbed to their injuries on the way to hospital, the OC added.
On information, police rushed to the spot and brought the situation under control around 8am.