- JP to make history by forming govt again: Ershad
- University teacher, friend drown in Sangu River
- US-Bangla flight makes ‘emergency landing’ at Dhaka airport
- Dhaka seeks stronger UN role in resolving Rohingya crisis
- ‘Lal Jatra’ to be held at DU to recall black night of 1971
- 38 shops gutted in Ctg fire
- Indian court jails powerful politician for embezzling funds
- Class 5 girl gang-raped, burnt alive in Assam’s Nagaon
- 20-party leaders to meet Saturday
- No election keeping Khaleda in jail: Moudud
16th Amendment: Pro-AL lawyers to stage demo for 3 days
Bangabandhu Awami Ainjibi Parishad will hold protest rallies across the country on August 13,16 and 17 demanding that the objectionable and irrelevant statements at the observation of 16thamendment’s judgment by the Supreme Court be expunged.
The decision came from a press briefing organised by the Parishad at its Dhanmondi office here on Saturday morning.
On August 1 last, the Supreme Court released the full text of its verdict upholding the High Court verdict that declared illegal the 16th Amendment to the Constitution establishing Parliament's authority to remove Supreme Court judges.