- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
- Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
- Ex-UP member hacked dead in Pabna
- Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights: PM
- 50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
16th Amendment: Pro-AL lawyers to stage demo for 3 days
Bangabandhu Awami Ainjibi Parishad will hold protest rallies across the country on August 13,16 and 17 demanding that the objectionable and irrelevant statements at the observation of 16thamendment’s judgment by the Supreme Court be expunged.
The decision came from a press briefing organised by the Parishad at its Dhanmondi office here on Saturday morning.
On August 1 last, the Supreme Court released the full text of its verdict upholding the High Court verdict that declared illegal the 16th Amendment to the Constitution establishing Parliament's authority to remove Supreme Court judges.