- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
16th Amendment: Pro-AL lawyers to stage demo for 3 days
Bangabandhu Awami Ainjibi Parishad will hold protest rallies across the country on August 13,16 and 17 demanding that the objectionable and irrelevant statements at the observation of 16thamendment’s judgment by the Supreme Court be expunged.
The decision came from a press briefing organised by the Parishad at its Dhanmondi office here on Saturday morning.
On August 1 last, the Supreme Court released the full text of its verdict upholding the High Court verdict that declared illegal the 16th Amendment to the Constitution establishing Parliament's authority to remove Supreme Court judges.