- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
16th Amendment: Pro-AL lawyers to stage demo for 3 days
Bangabandhu Awami Ainjibi Parishad will hold protest rallies across the country on August 13,16 and 17 demanding that the objectionable and irrelevant statements at the observation of 16thamendment’s judgment by the Supreme Court be expunged.
The decision came from a press briefing organised by the Parishad at its Dhanmondi office here on Saturday morning.
On August 1 last, the Supreme Court released the full text of its verdict upholding the High Court verdict that declared illegal the 16th Amendment to the Constitution establishing Parliament's authority to remove Supreme Court judges.