- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
16th Amendment: Pro-AL lawyers to stage demo for 3 days
Bangabandhu Awami Ainjibi Parishad will hold protest rallies across the country on August 13,16 and 17 demanding that the objectionable and irrelevant statements at the observation of 16thamendment’s judgment by the Supreme Court be expunged.
The decision came from a press briefing organised by the Parishad at its Dhanmondi office here on Saturday morning.
On August 1 last, the Supreme Court released the full text of its verdict upholding the High Court verdict that declared illegal the 16th Amendment to the Constitution establishing Parliament's authority to remove Supreme Court judges.