- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
- Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
- Ex-UP member hacked dead in Pabna
- Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights: PM
- 50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
Muktamoni undergoes surgery at DMCH
Muktamoni, a little girl who has been suffering from an ‘unknown disease’, underwent surgery in her right hand at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Saturday Doctors.
A 7-member team, led by Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit professor Dr Abul Kalam, started the surgery at the operation theatre of the unit around 8:50am and completed it around 10:45am, hospital sources said.
The 12-year-old girl, hailing from Satkhira, was taken to the operation theatre at 8:00am.
Earlier, DMCH doctors conducted a biopsy on Muktamoni. The biopsy results showed that she has a tumor in her blood vessels in her right hand. She was admitted to the DMCH on July 11 last.
Daughter of a grocery shop owner Ibrahim Hossain of Kamarbaisa village in Sadar upazila of Satkhira, Muktamoni had been passing her days in great sufferings for lack of proper treatment.