- EC neither to bow down nor go to anyone: CEC
- PM to visit flood-ravaged Kurigram, Dinajpur Sunday
- EC’s dialogue with electronic media begins
- Three departments’ names changed at IU
- 6 get life for murder in Khulna
- Saudi Arabia to allow Qatari pilgrims at hajj despite rift
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- IBBL and Xpress Money inaugurate Special Promotional Program
- 100 Faridpur villages flooded as Padma flowing over danger mark
- 2 sea robbers held after gunfight in Sundarbans
Muktamoni undergoes surgery at DMCH
Muktamoni, a little girl who has been suffering from an ‘unknown disease’, underwent surgery in her right hand at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Saturday Doctors.
A 7-member team, led by Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit professor Dr Abul Kalam, started the surgery at the operation theatre of the unit around 8:50am and completed it around 10:45am, hospital sources said.
The 12-year-old girl, hailing from Satkhira, was taken to the operation theatre at 8:00am.
Earlier, DMCH doctors conducted a biopsy on Muktamoni. The biopsy results showed that she has a tumor in her blood vessels in her right hand. She was admitted to the DMCH on July 11 last.
Daughter of a grocery shop owner Ibrahim Hossain of Kamarbaisa village in Sadar upazila of Satkhira, Muktamoni had been passing her days in great sufferings for lack of proper treatment.