- Rangpur Riders new BPL champions dethroning Dhaka Dynamites
- Moudud finds judges disciplinary rules ‘unconstitional’
- IUTA election Wednesday
- 2 cousins hacked dead in Gazipur
- SWBEC to benefit BD, neighbours, says Muhith
- MPs call for rounding off Doha Round
- 6 more cases filed against Mahmudur Rahman
- NYC commuters returning to subway amid heightened security
- Akayed Ullah ‘born and brought up in Dhaka’
- Bank account now with only Tk 2; Daak Taka launched
Muktamoni undergoes surgery at DMCH
Muktamoni, a little girl who has been suffering from an ‘unknown disease’, underwent surgery in her right hand at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Saturday Doctors.
A 7-member team, led by Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit professor Dr Abul Kalam, started the surgery at the operation theatre of the unit around 8:50am and completed it around 10:45am, hospital sources said.
The 12-year-old girl, hailing from Satkhira, was taken to the operation theatre at 8:00am.
Earlier, DMCH doctors conducted a biopsy on Muktamoni. The biopsy results showed that she has a tumor in her blood vessels in her right hand. She was admitted to the DMCH on July 11 last.
Daughter of a grocery shop owner Ibrahim Hossain of Kamarbaisa village in Sadar upazila of Satkhira, Muktamoni had been passing her days in great sufferings for lack of proper treatment.